To schedule an inspection or ask any questions, you can call text 832-873-1709 or email email@example.com. .
Are you a licensed lead inspector?
Case Woodward is a licensed lead inspector providing services in the Houston and surrounding area.
How much will the inspection cost?
$395 Basic Lead Paint Inspection – For up to 3,000 square foot house in the Houston area. For larger properties, contact us for pricing.
This lead inspection is mostly used by …
- Homeowners who are refinancing and the mortgage company requires an inspection.
- Real estate investors, who need an inspection for insurance purposes or before purchasing a house.
We do non-destructive testing, so damage will not occur. Usually 125 to 200 different samples will be taken depending on number of rooms.
$495 Home Buyer with Children Lead Inspection – For a 3,000 square foot house in the Houston area. For larger properties, contact us for pricing.
With children possibly living in the home, extra precautions should be taken.
This inspection includes …
- The same basic inspection as described above.
- If lead paint is found inside, the inspector will take dust wipe sample(s) to make sure there are no lead hazards on the floor and window sills. Lead hazards are what actually causes lead poisoning.
- If lead paint is found outside, the inspector will take soil sample(s) to make sure that everything is below EPA standards.
- A water lead test is included.
Note: Testing for item 2 and 3 above will be performed by a licensed Lead Risk Assessor.
How does the lead based paint inspection process work?
- The inspector will arrive, introduce themselves and then verify what type of inspection you want. Tell the inspector what your goals are and they will make sure you get what you want.
- The inspector will then calibrate their XRF Analyzer (see picture). The XRF is a piece of equipment that can take non-destructive testing. This will only take around 5 minutes or so.
- Normally, once they begin the inspection, they will go in a clockwise direction. They will take measurements inside, outside and even in the garage. The protocol that guides the inspector on what to test, will require them to inspect several areas in each room. 10 or more samples will be taken in each room.
- Results will be known immediately. A good inspector will also check the soil and do some dust wipe test if they start discovering lead based paint. When calling around for prices, make sure they will test the soil and take dust wipe samples if necessary.
- When finished, he or she will then calibrate the XRF again to make sure of accurate readings.
- They then will tell the client what they found. Legally, they can only tell their client, so if you are not the client … don’t ask. They will also answer any questions or concerns you may have.
How is payment made?
Payment can be made with cash, credit card or check. Payment is made at the end of the inspection.
I have children and am buying a home. How important is a lead inspection?
After all these years, lead poisoning is still the number one environmental health concern for children according to the EPA.
What is the difference between you and other lead inspectors?
- We’re an environmental firm working in the field of indoor air quality health. We are not home inspectors or contractors that do this as an add on service.
- The equipment we use. Many inspectors purchase a less expensive XRF to test the paint. With these, they may also need to take paint chip samples, which is destructive. Our XRF is the top of the line and gives accurate results without the need to do any destructive testing.
- We can check for soil and dust lead paint hazards for a more complete inspection.